Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Null is Dull, Lo is... (well it’s Lo) and Hi is too Dangewuss...

or~ Ima go Stick My Head inna Hole…

Cloaked in my Cheetah scouting a POS
One or two of ya may have noticed I have not updated me blog in a while…Well, I been busy with some RL stuff and… TBH, I got bored. I am not sure when bittervet disease normally strikes… I had doubted it could strike one so young as I ingame… but it did. At least that’s what it feels like.

My last musings here on my time in nullsec were about my personal take on the the big shakeup with Raiden losing the bulk of its systems and corps (including us)… meh. After that I bloodjumped out to Hisec to join in the “Sack of Jita Experience”… was funnish, but again, meh. After that I did two pieces on an “Incidental Blog Blather” started by Rixx and a short on the new Hound and missiles over on Sisi…haven’t posted anything since.

You see… I was having a lot of trouble those last few weeks coming up with things to say. I had plenty I wanted to post about, but none of it was stuff I was comfortable writing up as it had to do with my ever increasing and very real lack of interest in loggin in due to… conditions… beyond my control.

The corp I had joined in null is a group of guys I really like and respect and I/we have known them like forever(ish)… and they are this really great Indy corp and have done, and are doing, some really amazing stuff… but I am not an Indy guy. However one of my fav PvP’ers was already a part of them and two others were going to join and the two other Dirs in my corp wanted to go try null, so as I have already written ‘bout, I went too.

But as spring started to unfold outside the window, attendance started its usual summer decline as is normal in the MMOG world… the problem was as the PvE (site running) branch is the smallest division and the guys I wanted to fly with most were on less and less… until I was loggin on to find a just few guys on and flying, but ALL were mining… no one for me to to run sites with almost ever and I dunt have the mad skills and blinged out ships that would allow me to get up to the 15 to 30M ISK Bounty Cycle our top site runners are capable of… When we all flew together our shares would get upwards of 15 or moar a Bnty Cycle… but solo I rarely saw over 5 to 8M a cycle…

Now 5 to 8 Million ISK every 20 minutes is still a very decent amount of ISK… but I simply dunt like “grinding” alone…and if yer not grinding at it, you dunt see even 3 or 4 M ISK per cycle… again, why am I complaining? Cause I found I really dunt wanna do ‘this’, play EVE, alone no matter how much ISK I can make.
.
This to me seems weird cause when we lived in the hole, for over nine months, there were many, many times I would be logged on solo and while I really preferred to have guys to fly with, living in the hole there is so much moar you have to DO… Scanning the daily sigs, fuelling the POS, I could solo the C2 sites so well I could AFK them a bit and blog or work on the Fuel or Loot & Salvage Spreadsheets, plus as I was a Director, I had access to everything and could be involved in it all… and all of that would keep me INTERESTED and busy until someone else did log on… In null I had nothing... as I was not a Director, I had NO responsibilities… and therefore nothing to DO except run sites or… or… or… M I N E... ye gods… just effin kill me please.

So I found myself loggin on less and less and staying on when I did, for shorter and shorter times. In the last few weeks I often dint even undock at all. So I wrote up and Letter of Resignation, contracted all my ships and mods out and bloodjumped out to Hisec. My ships were delivered and… I found I had even less reason to log on than in null. My CEO (and son) had stayed in null to grind up ISK for a move back to W-space and the other Dir in our little corp had actually left before me… though I knew not where he was or what he was doing as I rarely saw him on at all… less than me as far as I could tell.

Tonight was the first time I had logged on in over a week. Both my guys were on and we talked a bit about things… I was dithering over whether or not to go back to null, seems our leaving had stimulated some discussion in Helix on the subject of PvE/P players and what did Helix have to offer etc., etc. so now they are (somewhat) moar actively getting involved in PvP… at least trying to… go figger huh?

Anyhoo… As I said I was dithering over going back or…? Or what else could I would I wanna do? Well, I had thought back when I moved back up to Hisec to scan down and do some W-space exploring. AI said he had not seen any holes for sale lately so I thought I’d take a look. I jumped in my Cheetah and scanned down the local sigs in Eitu… Ah ha! Two holes, schweet… off I went.


Found a C3 and a C1. The C3 has a Losec and a Hisec holes; is occupado with a Lrg Minnie Spike well defended. A Hoarder was floating unmanned in the POS and two Drakes were running sites. It’s a large system and I was not on Dscan when I popped in so I had cloaked and made some safes, scouted their POS and then popped probes to scan down their holes. They rousted out a CovOps frig and a Noccy and quickly cleaned up their wrecks when they saw my probes. They have a stat Lo and Hi which I scouted out.

Popped back out to Eitu and then checked out the C1. Also Occupado with Two Towers but only one Forcefield… one tower was DEAD with some incapped mods. The other, another Cal Lrg Spike, was all quiet, no one awake. I made some safes, one out of scan range of the live spike, popped probes but found no holes other than the one I came in through.

By then I realized something… I was happy. I was ENJOYING MYSELF... I was back scanning and cloakin and flyin around in the deadliest space in EVE, solo, and I felt... satisfied… go figger huh.

So I popped back out, docked up and refitted my Loki for W-space
and headed back out, popped back into the C3, settled in at SS4, a safe that was way off tangent from anything and off Dscan range of the holes and the POS, ordered the Night Watch to Cloaked Stationkeeping. I settled back in my command chair and ordered a kauffee. It was a real pleasure to see the whole crew once again happy at their work. I could hear the offwatch gathered in the forward lounge singing an old Matarii homecoming song…

No, this is not “our” W-space… but all we have to do if find a hole to call our own. We’re back in W-Space and I have no intention of ever leaving again.

The HDF =Lochotic= back n the space she was made for...
Fly Safe and see you in the Sky  =/|)=

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I've got a C2 I'm trying to get rid of, it's been on taggart forever with no hits. If you guys want it, you can have it. I just want to get my guy out finally, and would be glad to see you happy and blogging again. Evemail me in game, Placid09. It's a C2 with a static C2 and a static Low, sig is J103144.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you figured out what makes you happy in game. Looking forward to you getting back into w-space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, thanx... seriously. I'll inmail ya soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tru... I NEVER wanted to leave the hole man!! Actually fought it (a little)... but bros is bros and mine are fambly! I am hoppin all over the nearby lo systems scannin and scouting holes and having a BALL! Currently sittin 200km off a very nice Death Star POS in a C2/Lo/C2... scouted thier D382 (stat C2) and found a scary C2/NULL/C5 !! Yipes! LOL

    Backed through that hole so fast I left scorch marks! These guys with the Deth Star are in Talocan United Alliance... Im a try and strike up a convo if they ever wake up and see if Talocan Can use (read help) HBHI firnd a C3/Lo/C3 of somethin similar... wich me (us) luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If anyone has any info on j103144, hit me up in game under the name C Patrouette. I'm trying to put together a full history of this hole, so any KMs, gudfight stories, dates of use, or the like, i'd love to here. also, if you're currently living in that live amarr tower on moon one of PIII, message me. I'd like to chat. thanks, and o7

    ReplyDelete

I have opened my blog to Anonymous Users... I hope I will not come to regret this. Please identify yourself when posting and read my Blog Disclaimer and Comment Policy.

All posts on my blog are moderated by me. I will post em as soon as I see um...
Tur