Tuesday, July 4, 2017

All Quiet...

Last post, Dec 16... 8 months ago. What's up? The same, and not.
The divorce is, well, it's what it is... don't ask. Did not go as planned... go figure.

Me? Working full time, creating a totally new life out of the ashes of the old... you know, simple easy stuff. So, as you may have gleaned I'm still pretty busy.

Not much to say other than that, what's worth it (or legally neutral enough) to commit to recycled electrons...

Kids are well, at least as far as it goes given the circumstances. My dottir graduated on the honor roll, with awards for Latin and Strings (she's a 3rd year cellist). My son... he too graduated but, well not quite the same shine, but he's still mine. Work goes well. Still just the IT Support standard of puttin' out fires... some old, some new. The rest is either boring or is covered under lawyer, client privilege.

So, I'm still here just not in EVE. I do hope to make the time once things settle a bit. Keep a beacon burning for me and wish me some luck... =]

Fly however you damn well please! and hopefully see you in the sky... =/|)=

8 comments:

  1. Good luck. :(

    (Funny, I recently noticed a comment from you on one of the YouTube yachting channels I follow, and wondered how you were going. (Never sailed in my life, and likely never will, but I can appreciate the dream.))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hermie!!! (always wanted to call you that...)
      I grew up on the Chesapeake Bay, sailing and boating and such. Back when my soon-to-be-ex and I split I realized that while this divorce sucked and all that, it also freed me to pursue my dream of sailing.
      I rarely ever watch TV as such... but when I do veg in front of a screen other than a PC, it is to binge on S/V Delos or sailboatstory or followtheboat or one of the many other sailing vlogs out there...
      Keep your fingers cross man... maybe one day in the not too distant future I'll ping you to ask what port in Aussieland is nearest to you... =]

      Delete
    2. SV Delos is one of my favs. I will have to check out the other two. When cruisers visit Australia I don't see many (any actually) who come all the way down to Melbourne. If you ever get to Queensland - where they normally stop, I'll fly up to say hello to you! Good luck with your dream and making the most of a sucky situation.

      Delete
    3. Do you follow Sailing Catalpa? They are a Aussie sailing vlog... very good! If I ever do make the crossing and get down to your part of the world I plan on circumnavigating Aussiland and now I've popped a pin in Melbourne as a Must See... =]

      Thanx man, I'll take all the luck I can get!!

      Hope things are well for you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Turamarth, Glad to hear you still survive, divorce is crap even when they go half way smooth. Glad your kids are doing well, I'm happy to say that my daughter will finish up her 2yr masters program next month (16 months) for that I'm a proud pappa. Remember to recognize the kids, often they get left behind emotionally in a divorce and they will feel like they are adrift.

    EVE wise we will keep the fires lit and hope to see you in space.

    SLy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sly!! Yea, it sucks... but the kids are hanging in there and that's my first concern. Both are doing good in school and (so far) not into anything really negative in their lives. There is anger and hurt... but like you said, I am trying to make them both understand both of their parents love them and support them.
      Look for me in and around Amarr my friend... I'm out there, just boofing around. =]

      Delete
  3. Hey Tur!!! Damn... long time!

    As per request - best of luck! Sounds hectic - hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey AOS... Yea, too long huh? I am, I am... Thanx! =]

      Delete

I have opened my blog to Anonymous Users... I hope I will not come to regret this. Please identify yourself when posting and read my Blog Disclaimer and Comment Policy.

All posts on my blog are moderated by me. I will post em as soon as I see um...
Tur